Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week 29 Enduring to the End 11/3/14

Hello Family and Friends,
We had a good week this week, but it was a bit of a struggle. I have been sick now for about 2 weeks and it wouldn't go away. Mom, I tried everything! But today I am finally starting to feel better and so things are looking up now!
We were able to get a baptism date last night and we are all excited! Eric has been investigating the church since July I think. He really loves the Book of Mormon and is so excited to be baptized. We all decided that he will be baptized on his birthday, November 17. It is a Monday, but we decided to make an exception since he wants to have a "Re-birthday". We are all so excited and think it will be an awesome and spiritual baptism. Eric already has such a strong testimony. I love to see the changes people make out here! Its so awesome to see them from day one to day 100! The progress that is made is so amazing. With God's help anything is truly possible! 
Halloween went well, I mean it isn't exactly the funnest on a mission, but we manged to have some fun and get candy. Thank you family for the package you sent me! It was perfect and just what I needed. I will send pictures of it. Rachel, those pictures of Ruby were priceless! I was dying laughing. Our ward had a Trunk or Treat Halloween Party on the 29th so we went to that and had a lot of investigators and potentials there. It was good to have everyone there and to be fellowshipped. Sister Smith and I tried our best to have a Halloween costumed put together. She was Ana from Frozen because all the little girls here think she really looks like her and I was Little Red Riding Hood because of my red coat. 
We have some bad news :( Our mission president emailed us and announced that there are some complications with the iPads so it will be a while until they arrive. I am pretty bummed because I was totally feeling that they would be here this month, but he said to not even count on anytime before January...so darn it, but oh well. It is just annoying that they keep saying things and then they don't happen. I guess this is where patience comes in :p
Right now the work is booming in Elkhorn though. People are ready and we are getting the Lord's work done here. We have an investigator, Heidi, who knows EVERYONE! So we get a lot of investigator referrals from her. I am doing well and learning a lot. This mission has been such a great experience for me and I have gone through many challenges. I know there are more to come as well so I try my best to look for the good and be positive. I miss you all so much and being sick has been pretty crappy because I have become a little homesick, but I know that if I keep going I won't regret it and many blessings will come from it. I love you all so much! Thank you for all the letters and support. Have a great week!
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

Halloween- dressed as Little Red Riding Hood

 Looks like she got our package, zebra footie jammies! 

 First snow on Halloween 

No comments:

Post a Comment