Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 4

Hey everyone!
This week has seriously gone by so fast and I love it! Monday night Sister Barnes and I were invited over to an investigator's house for dinner. Her name is Ellen and is soo great! She is fun and a spunky woman. We love her and her spaghetti was amazing :) Her house was gorgeous and I just wanted to take all these pictures of it haha but I thought she would think that was weird so I didn't, but it was just an Interior Designer's dream! Every room had a theme and I was just in Heaven haha I took mental notes in my head. While we were eating she mentioned that she does hair and make up and I instantly thought of Natalie haha then I was a weirdo and blurted out if she could trim my bangs! ah I have no idea why I did that, I just met her , but she said she would be more that happy to trim them for me. I was so surprised she didn't think I was rude or something. So after dinner she gave us a tour around her house and she has 2 EMMY Awards on her front table! What?! So we got pictures with it haha and then we went downstairs to her salon area and she trimmed them in like 2 minutes! Awesome! It brought back some wonderful memories when Natalie would cut my hair and we would just have fun talking and such. I felt like I was home again for a little bit :) After that we went back up stairs and she taught us how to napkin fold haha it was funny how Ellen was so interested in it, I guess she did it for one of her jobs or something, we still had a lot of fun though! We showed her the "Because of Him" Video on YouTube and the spirit was definitely there! I love this video so much and I suggest that all of you watch it if you still haven't. It makes me cry every time. So after that we went home, but we really hope that touched her heart and sparks her interest to be baptized because she really needs to be! 
Tuesday we had our district meeting and made some goals for the week. Afterwards we went to a smoothie place, like Jamba Juice, with the other Sisters and visited a little bit. Tuesday wasn't the best day though. Just no luck with finding people. People up here are so closed minded and will always say they have already been saved. One lady yesterday came to her door and said, "Um I'm in bed.." haha oops but really it was 12:30 but whatever! So that is what is frustrating sometimes. People just don't even let us talk. They open and shut the door. oh well though, I just laugh.
Wednesday we played volleyball at the church with some member and non member women. I guess they have been doing this for 26 years so they really get into it and stuff. It is kind of strange to me just because when you play sports in the church you shouldn't be so competitive, so it's not my most favorite thing to go do because they really play...but i guess i am just a baby haha they are all in their 40s and 50s too so that is even weirder...not because they play volleyball but they act like they are in high school and each point in super important...oh well. my companion likes to go so i just follow. Later, around dinner time we went to the University to see if we could find more people, but no success.
Thursday we taught one of the member's mother who is catholic. That went very well and she seems really interested. Sister Barnes and I are both very excited to teach her and want to help her learn and understand. 
Please keep me in your prayers. I am really struggling with teaching the lessons and feeling the spirit. It is hard for me to know what to say. Everyone always tells me to just open my mouth, but it isn't that easy. I want to help people know about Christ, I do have such a strong desire. I want to help people find happiness, but I get scared and I feel like I fail every time because my companion will end up talking the whole time. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I know giving up isn't an option. I just need to keep going and be super patient with the Lord. I really appreciate all the support I have from all my family and friends! Thank you so much. I know that this gospel is so true! I have seen it bless so many lives and especially mine. I am so grateful for my family and that I will be able to live with them for eternity. It means so much to me to be with the family and my own family and especially my husband for forever. I am really striving to become the best I can be and have the best relationship with Heavenly Father. I know that without him I wouldn't be who I am today! I love you all so much and I will see you soon!
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton 

No comments:

Post a Comment