Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 26: Elkhorn!

Hey Family and Friends!
This is so weird...I am not in Green Bay anymore and the things that we do down in Elkhorn are way different! haha but i am surviving. So wow a lot has happened and I don't even know where to begin, but everything has gone by so fast and I can't believe I am in a new area and I have already been out for 6 months! Yay! (Dang i don't have the countdowns ready yet :( I will get those soon Rachel and Cody haha).
Anyway so I am like so busy now, its not even real. My new companion is Sister Smith. She is from Rexburg Idaho and we like to talk a lot about Idaho :) Turns out that her dad is best friends with Kendall Christiansen! So we had a a long conversation about Rorie and Kendall. By the way where are they now? Last I heard, they moved to Florida. I would love to get their email or address mom. thanks. 
Sister Smith is 20 just like me, but she will be going home in December so she is towards the end of her mission. We have been getting a long quite well. Last night we had a long conversation about our lives and we were able to talk a lot about our families and how we grew up and stuff. She listened to me babble on a lot haha I was surprised she didn't fall asleep. 
Elkhorn has a lot of people they are teaching right now and it really is booming! Because of the challenge the whole mission did to pray for a baptism before GenCon they have been able to receive a lot of baptisms. The missionaries here are very obedient and they don't let any time fly by without getting something done. I have a lot to adjust to because Green Bay was pretty slow and struggling a lot...so no more tracting for me! haha the best part...I get to finally live in an apartment :) its one of the best things ever! I love it so far and i sleep great!
Since Wisconsin can be sort of a gloomy state in the winter, we get an hour worth of exercise in the morning now. It started after GenCon so now we will be going out about a half hour later, but that is ok. Also as you can see my pday is a little different now. I probably wont be on every Monday morning at 9:00 (Mountain time) anymore. Most likely it will be later in the day now and some other bad news...I only have an hour and a half for emails now!!! ah i am still panicking because I dont have my usual 3 hours....so we will have to adjust to that...speaking of that...running out of time. gr oh well. i will all see you in about 12 months anyways...so i will just tell you more when i get home haha i am sorry if i am horriblel at answering questions now...the time ticks faster in Elkhorn haha
but oh well. i will get over it. I am doing well here. I hope all is well at home. I love you all and will see you soon! 
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

ps i most likely will get to go to the Chicago temple while i am down here :) if it is an hour or less then we  can go every 6 months!! love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment