Sunday, April 12, 2015

April 6 2015

Hello Family and Friends,
This last Monday we were privileged to go on a tour of Epic with a member. Epic is a company that does some sort of health care stuff...but their office building is amazing and has nothing to do with the company...just the name. Look up the company and they can explain what they do, but here is the fun part. The buildings are like going to Disneyland (not that I would know what that is like...yet) but seriously it was so incredible. I will just have to show you pictures. I am actually really surprised that Adam isn't doing work here...He totally should!
Anyway, Sister Osmond and I really had an awesome experience on Friday I believe. We were walking down the street in Verona and were kind of down because of stressful things going on and such. We were trying hard to get evening appointments so we wouldn't have to be outside in the dark, but people kept cancelling and such. Sister Osmond was getting a little discouraged and I was trying to tell her that things happen for a reason and maybe we just need to walk on this street before it gets dark. We saw this little Chinese woman walking towards us and we both had the same thought that maybe we could share something with her. As we walked past her and then offered a Mormon.org card to her she gladly took the card and then we were able to strike up a conversation with her. We ended up walking to a pavilion with her and showing her the "Because he lives" and "because of him" video. She said she felt at peace and we then started talking to her about the Book of Mormon. She didn't get some of it just because she doesn't have a Christian background, but she was able to understand most of it. We just had to teach simple. We actually happened to have a Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon in our car..for some reason. So we walked back to our car with her and were able to give that to her. We exchanged numbers and set up an appointment to see her again. It was such an amazing experience and it was a huge testimony builder for both of us. Through this, I know that God knows my situations and I know he is aware of me. I am so grateful for this gospel and to have such a great family to help strengthen my testimony of families. I love you all so much and I am so happy to have you in my life. I also really enjoyed General Conference. It was so awesome and the talks we so inspiring. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and I hope this week goes well too! Please be safe!
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment