Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18 2015

Hello Family and Friends,
I am so amazed at this week! So when I came into this area the sisters didn't have a phone. They had lost it the Monday before I came so we have been trying to survive without a phone for almost 2 weeks now. Well, it turns out that the sister before me ended up accidentally taking it HOME to Missouri...! She was able to send it back to us and we finally got it on Friday. Such a miracle. We still have no idea how it ended up in her bag though. It was a good laugh though. So now that we have a phone it has been so much easier and the work has been able to go better. We did our best without it, but we felt that the work came to a halt a little bit. Once we got the phone we made LOTS of calls :) We had a total of 16 voice mails. That was a fun evening. 
We have a baptismal date coming up on May 30th and we are so excited! Dawn is such a sweetheart. She is probably in her 50s or 60s and her best friend, Jenny, is a less active in our ward. It is so cool to have someone come back to church and bring a nonmember with them. That is truly being Amulek :) Jenny and Dawn are both working together and are great support for each other. They want to got to the temple someday and do work for their past family members. It has been such a wonderful thing to see as they have really wanted to change and come unto Christ. Please pray for Dawn as she is getting close to her baptism. We know that the adversary is going to really try to hit her hard. We always help her to remember that these last few weeks are going to be the hardest. We are really praying that things will be able to go smoothly. There will be a big ward party right after the baptism at a park so that should be fun.
We are also working with April. The sisters have been working with her for about a year I think. She is practically a Mormon, but she is having a hard time quitting smoking. She is so close to baptism though so it has been a little frustrating. President Cutler will actually be coming with us to April's for a lesson this week. I am a little nervous because I have never had President Cutler come to a lesson before. Haha I hope I can teach well. It will be good too though because I think he will be able to talk some sense into April. I will let you know how that goes next week :)
On Saturday night we had a lesson with the Munks. They are members and they live a bit further out, Waupaca (I always just think of an alpaca when I hear this), there so we only see them every once in a while besides church. It was a wonderful lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Brother and Sister Munk have such wonderful testimonies and we were able to have a great discussion. I felt like I was home because they reminded me so much of my parents. Sister Munk is just this cute little lady that just wants to take care of you and Brother Munk has such a great testimony, but really has a sense of humor. I could sincerely feel their love for me even being someone they just met! I am excited to be in this ward and to get to know all the members. 
Sister Munk works at a little shop in Waupaca that sells souvenir things and also jewelry and fudge. We got some yummy fudge and that is where I got this giant PB cup too. 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all and I will see you soon!
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment