Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 19: I love The Book of Mormon!

Hey Family & Friends
This week was really awesome! On Wednesday we had the privilege to go to Mission Tour in Neenah, Wisconsin. Elder James B. Martino was there to speak to us and give us a new perspective of missionary work and working with the members. I was so proud of myself because I took a lot of good notes and I got such an amazing spiritual uplift. Elder Martino is so awesome and really just said what we all needed to hear. He was blunt, but in a loving way. He taught about how we really need to get members and less actives involved and how that will ultimately strengthen the ward all together. It was such a good meeting and I wish all of you could have been there! He really got into the Book of Mormon and talked about Alma and Amulek and "entering the city another way". I loved this because I was exactly there in my Book of Mormon reading and I really am understanding the Book of Mormon so well! I love reading it everyday. My testimony for it has really strengthened on my mission and it is just so awesome! I don't think I have ever been so excited about a book before...Well maybe the Hunger Games...but other than that...haha the Book of Mormon is so awesome and I encourage each of you to read it! Mission Tour was a wonderful blessing and I can't wait for next year to see what will be taught then.

Last night we had a wonderful lesson with one of our investigators, Ellen. She had us over for dinner and we had a lot of good talks. She doesn't seem quite ready yet to dive into the baptismal font, but I definitely know she will be able to come to know the gospel is true very soon. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and I really felt the spirit in the lesson. She had just finished writing a book about her parents during WWII and it was just so perfect because we were able to comfort her and let her know she will be able to see her parents again someday. Her friend's daughter just passed away in a car accident last Friday and so she has been grieving about that as well. Sharing the Plan of Happiness was such a blessing for her and all of us. While we were talking about the Spirit World, my cousin, Blake, popped into my head...it wasn't just a small thought that "oh ya he is there too", but it was more of like "YOU NEED TO SHARE THIS BECAUSE HE IS HERE WITH YOU!". The Holy Ghost was definitely there and I know Blake as well as my Grandpa & Grandma Eaton and Grandpa Strebel were all there too. I told Ellen that Blake had passed away in a car accident at a very young age as well. I told her that I knew with all my heart that Blake is in the Spirit World on a mission teaching people about the gospel just like me. I know that that is his mission. Someone in the Spirit World needed specifically him to teach them. It was such a cool experience and I love that the veil is thin between earth life and the spirit world. I have such a testimony of the Plan of Happiness! I love teaching it and sharing with people that they can be with their family for eternity! Why would someone say no to that?! I love this gospel and I know it is so true! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Work with the missionaries as much as you can ok! Miracles will happen and you and I will be blessed tremendously! :)
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment