Thursday, July 31, 2014

Week 15: July 21,2014

Hey Family and Friends,
So I have a new companion and it is so weird! I honestly don't like switching things up! Sister Barnes and I taught so well together and we really did get along for the most part. I could tell her things and she wouldn't judge me...and now I don't love that I have to start all over with someone else. I know it has to be done and it is part of a mission, but my new companion is not my most favorite apple on the tree. I am not going to lie, this week has been super discouraging and I just don't know what to do without Sister Barnes. I am still the junior companion, but Sister Olsen doesn't know her way in Green Bay so it is a challenge because I can't drive. We tried doing street contacting a lot this week and nothing really came of it. People of Green Bay have just become more rotten it seems like. It is hard for me to let go of how Sister Barnes and I did things and accept Sister Olsen's ways. I struggle with being patient with Sister Olsen, but I probably do better at hiding it all at times. She is just flat out annoying so please pray for me.
We were able to have a cool miracle happen yesterday though. Sister Barnes and I had an investigator that we decided to drop a while ago because he wasn't keeping his commitments and would never be home for the appointment we scheduled with him. Him and his fiance, Samantha, just didn't seem like they wanted the blessings that bad and so we didn't go back for a while. Then yesterday at church Robert and his two kids, Malika and Emercyn, show up and sit down by us. I was just really surprised and didn't know what to do. They only stayed for Sacrament meeting, but it was still good and his kids weren't as crazy and when they came last time. I was grateful that he was able to listen to the speakers a little bit and hopefully feel the spirit. We will be meeting with them tomorrow so hopefully they have a stronger desire to get back on the right path and be baptized soon. I hope this week turns out better than last week. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Hope the summer is going great!
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment