Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas! 12/15/14

Hello Family and Friends!
Christmas is sure sneaking up on us fast isn't it?! I can't believe it is already the Christmas season. A year ago, I was anxiously waiting for my mission call to come and it has already been a whole year! ha I remember running up to the mailbox and having my brother, Aaron, film me as I open the mailbox and me hysterically laughing that it wasn't in there...it ended up coming the next day which was December 19th 2013...I am weird how I remember this stuff haha 
But that day was a really cool day. I remember bringing it inside and it was all wet because that week it had snowed really heavy. As I came in with the big envelope, i just stared at it. I was home alone and didn't know what to do with myself. I left it on the counter and went to watch a movie on Netflix to distract myself. Ha I was too anxious to focus on a movie. My mom came through the front door with some groceries and I ran up to her with the envelope. We were both so excited. I texted all the party that would be coming over that night and let them know the party was on. I remember my mom had seen the garbage man outside gathering the garbage. She felt she needed to make them some hot chocolate and thank them for their service on this awful snowy day. I had never seen anyone make hot chocolate faster. She quickly ran out side and used all her awesome skills to not slip while making it to their window before they left our street. Well she made it and there was no slips involved. I just kind of stood there in aw as my mom had shown this amazing Christlike act. If I had blinked I would have missed it! 
Now a year has gone by and look where we all are now! I am on this crazy and amazing mission and I have been able to teach so many people about this message that is more than just a couple of pamphlets and a book. It is the key to everyone's salvation. I heard a quote a long time ago somewhere...."If you had the cure to Cancer would you keep it to yourself?" Absolutely NOT! That is what I feel this Gospel holds. It is the answer to all our questions. It is the key to happiness. It is the only way to be with our families for eternity. I am just so grateful for the spot I am in my life right now. I am grateful for the friendships I have and have been able to make stronger. I love my family and I love that we are so close now. People have been asking me lately who my favorite sibling is and who I get a long with the most. I honestly can't pick just one. I have been able to become close with all of them before my mission so I can't say I have a favorite. I am close to them all, but in different ways. I just think it is kind of crazy how it all happened. The one thing I never thought would happen would be Matt and I to become best friends haha I still laugh at everything we did as little ones...I am so grateful that we finally matured..somewhat :) I guess this email is just me saying that I love you guys so much! I am so excited to talk with you on Christmas and I am so happy that Jon and Clarissa get to come home for Christmas as well. 
As I am preparing for a new comp this Wednesday, things are becoming crazy. A typical last few weeks before a missionary leaves for home is quite crazy. We have been running around everywhere so Sister Smith can say goodbye to everyone and get pictures with them. It is really cool to see though. The members adore her and some even weep...a lot. At this time it is still hard for me to understand why they all have a hard time when everyone has Facebook nowadays and that the moment she leaves they will all be able to talk with her an hour later, but at this time I am really learning how to endure to the end. I know I won't quite understand until I get there, but I really do hope that I will be able to have a wonderful friendship with the ward that I will leave. It is so cool to watch. I hope to become that wonderful example that the members look up to. Well, guess I will talk to you all on Christmas! I will get you the details soon!
love you all
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment