Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving! Hello December! 12/01/14

Hey everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving :) We were able to have 3 Thanksgivings...haha not exactly what I was hoping for since my stomach isn't that big! haha but it went well.
The first family we went to are the Hellers. They are a part member family. The parents are members and the step kids are not. They struggle a lot but we are continuing to build them up and help them know their Savior. The food was delicious of course. We shared with them a cool little Thanksgiving Mormon message and they all loved it. We all went around the room and asked them what they are thankful for and every time someone said "Family" all the kids would go up and hug that person. It began to be very cute to watch and the spirit became so strong. It was awesome to see this because there has been a lot of contention in their home between everyone. We were so happy to bring love and the spirit of Christ into their home. They made a Turkey cake out of Twinkies so we grabbed a Twinkie and were off to our next ward family home.
Tim and Joleen Carson are recent converts to the church. I think She joined about a year ago and he joined maybe 6 months ago. They opened up their house to us and the elders. Their dinner looked delicious, but sadly I was coming down with a migraine so I laid down on their couch while they ate dinner. But it was good to see them and Joleen is very nice. She knows like everything from candle making to beekeeping! haha
We had a dinner with a Hispanic family in the ward, but my migraine was not going away sadly so we went home and I went to bed. I felt bad for Sister Smith for ruining her Thanksgiving, but she said it wasn't a problem.
Yesterday at church for 5th Sunday, us missionaries and the ward missionaries gave a lesson about member missionary work. It went really well. I wasn't too excited to be talking in front of everyone though. I was super nervous and I didn't know what to say. When I got up there I ended up sharing about why I decided to go on a mission. I told about how I prayed about what to do and that I got a great confirmation to serve a mission. It went really well and I ended up becoming really confident later in my story. It brought back a lot of good feelings and helped me to stay motivated. It felt really good to share that and a lot of the adults came up to me later and thanked me for sharing. 
I hope this week goes well for you all! I love you guys!
This bird came and sat by me during my studies!
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton


No comments:

Post a Comment