Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Share the gift 12/08/14

Hello Family and Friends!
This week was pretty good. We went on exchanges again with the Sister Training Leaders and that went really well. I was able to be with Sister Silcox again and we had a lot of fun. She is super nice and really listens to me. She will be going home December 18th just like Sister Smith so I will miss her as well, but I was grateful to be able to serve with her for a little while as well. 
On Wednesday, Sister Silcox and I had an awesome lesson with an investigator, Vicki. She lives in Lake Geneva. We asked her what holds her back from reading the Book of Mormon and she had told us that she just can't really get into it. I had a thought for us to read about when Christ came to the Americas after his Crucifixion. So we ended up reading that and she really loved it! She told us that now because of that story she wants to know more and read it! Yay! I didn't think I was very good at listening to the spirit in these kind of situations, but this helped confirm to me! We will be going back over there this week so I am excited to find out how her reading is going. 
On Friday we went to Burlington and tried this new way to find people to teach...It is like a survey of some sort and instead of tracting that no one likes, we have this paper that had 10 questions on it about people's beliefs and stuff. (it is kind of hard to explain sorry. I will try my best though). So we just go door to door or we can street contact as well and we ask people these 10 harmless questions. it is pretty cool and because of it, we were able to meet a 95 year old lady. she was so healthy and still up and active! it was crazy. but sadly she didn't care to learn more about our church. she was really nice though. 
Overall it was a pretty ok week. nothing too exciting..yet haha
hope you all have a wonderful week!
remember to #sharethegift :)
love you all
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment