Monday, March 2, 2015

Feb 16 2015 Trial and Error

Hey Family and Friends,
Haha what a false alarm! So I ended up NOT getting transferred and I must admit that I am very happy about it. It was quite a crazy night last Monday and President Cutler had called us a few times and decided that Sister Wood and I must stay in Elkhorn together this transfer. I figure this will be my last transfer here in Elkhorn though :( but now I will be more prepared for it. I definitely want to make the best of this last transfer! We are really shooting for a baptism and I think my faith has been the strongest on my mission. You need lots of faith when you are teaching an Atheist. I also think this is the most I have ever prayed as well and I can really see the miracles it brings. It was also so awesome to have one of our less actives, Liz, tell us she hates missing church now. She is really trying hard to find a better job instead of working nights at McDonalds. We are praying for her a lot as well. 
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Sister Wood and I both love Valentine's Day and we had a mission to be super busy that day because it is hard for both of us as we are away from the significant others in our lives :p Sooo...In the morning we went to a little cafe in Elkhorn for breakfast and it was soo good. I got bacon AND ham :) then we decided to "heart attack" our investigators and members in our ward. This is when you put paper hearts all over their front door and run! It was quite tricky as it was about 2 degrees outside and people were home during the day, but we made it work. We only actually rang the door bell of a few homes since with some homes we knew we wouldn't be able to get away with it with the ice and all. It was super fun though and we could not stop laughing. There were a few homes were it was hard to be quite about since the snow was so crunchy. I think only one little head saw us through their window. haha but we had a blast and it was a great way to spend our Valentine's Day.
The rest of the week went well. A lot of members and investigators were happy to see that Sister Wood and I were both still here. It was a confusing week, but I am so grateful to still be here. I really feel that I am meant to be here a little longer and baptize someone! I am excited to see what this transfer brings. We also have an awesome new district leader. Elder Oviatt was my DL in Green Bay as well and I am just so excited because he is a really awesome teacher, but he makes things fun as well. 
As far as my mail situation...Please continue to send letters and packages to my apartment address.
188 Lewis St. #6 Elkhorn, WI 53121
March 25th is the next transfer so please don't send any letters and packages 3 days before that in case I get transferred. That following Monday I will send out my new address.
Thank you everyone for all you do! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment