Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2 2015 Frozen Lake Geneva

Hello Family and Friends!
It was a pretty crazy week like always I guess. Remi decided to kind of disappear again and he just seems to want to be distant. Sometimes we have to give them their space and let them think about things though. So that is rough. He isn't going to be able to make his baptismal date, but that is ok. He isn't ready and he needs to build a better belief of God anyway. The last time we met with him it was kind of contentious and he started to just debate with us about dumb stuff that really doesn't matter. The spirit wasn't there so we just needed to take a breather. 
This last week I went on exchanges again. I went to Kenosha with Sister Wilson. She is from Southern California. It was pretty fun, but I don't usually look forward to exchanges. We were able to see a lot of cool people though, especially a lot of black people. That's Kenosha :) Everyone we talked to was nice though. I got to see Sister Fort who actually was found by Sister Barnes (My trainer) when she was being trained in Kenosha. Sister Fort is so sweet and really loves when I visit her when I am on exchanges. She just got her Patriarchal blessing and it was so awesome to see how happy she was about it. She has been a member for about a year and a half now i think. Her testimony is so strong!
Sister Wood hit her year mark this last Thursday. She has grown into such a great missionary. She really can't believe she has 6 months left! She will get home a week after Cody does! Crazy! We went tracting that day and I tried my best to have a good attitude about it. It didn't go too bad. People were pretty nice. We were able to pray with a few people so that was good. I kept telling myself that I need to just go out and do it because tracting is where you get all the crazy weird stories that you get to tell everyone! So I need to get a few more of those stories. But of course bring others unto Christ first. :) 
Friday, we were able to see Stephanie again and she was in a really good happy mood. She ended up coming to church and really is starting to enjoy it and is seeing the need for all of this in her life and kids lives. She wants to start on quitting smoking and we are going to help her in any way we can. Pray for Stephanie. 
We also went to Lake Geneva to see a less active named John. He is 17 and has been less active pretty much since he got baptized at 8. Its sad. We will go visit him at Starbucks from time to time. It is a tradition to go and walk to Lake Geneva in the winter because it is so frozen and solid that cars will drive up and down it. So we decided to go do that and it was pretty fun. We didn't go out very far. It was cool to see Lake Geneva from a different perspective.
I can't believe it is already March! Next month I will hit my year mark. crazy right?! I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy that awesome weather in Utah! Love you all <3
Love Sister Emily Sarah Eaton

No comments:

Post a Comment